Sunday, December 30, 2007

Kathmandu Redux (yeah, I know I was just here in October)

Ten days after touching down in Kathmandu, I'm still hanging out in that fine city. It's not so much that I can't get enough of the place (though I do rather enjoy the mixture of Newari brick-and-carved-wood ambience, hyper Asian city and cool traveler stuff), but rather that my travel companion has been struggling with a nasty chest cold. I too was ill for a couple of days with an amorphous viral somethingorother. About all I've "done" so far is visit Durbar Square in KTM, go mountain biking in a national park for half a day, and walk to and around the old capital of Patan. I've also managed to get my camera fixed* for a mere $17, buy thermals/ silly wool hat/ Buddha t-shirt/ Alice in Wonderland Japanese edition, and take about 150 photos. I've even gotten a bit of asana practice in on the roof of my guest house.

Hey! that doesn't sound too bad. I'll try to post some pics soon. You know you can't wait to see them.

* Both my ancient iBook and aging camera bit the dust in Goa. I'm still working on getting the Mac repaired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home