Saturday, January 31, 2009

読むことについて語る時に私の語ること

Apparently I can post in Japanese.

The above title (translation: What I Talk About When I Talk about Reading) is a play on the title of Murakami's most recent book, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running 走ることについて語るときに僕の語ること, which is itself a play on Raymond Carver’s What I Talk About When I Talk About Love. Note that we use different characters for "I". He uses one that's typical of men and especially boys, , and I use the standard, .

For decades Murakami has been a committed long-distance runner, having run marathons all over the world. Released in October 2007, I'm waiting for the paperback (Japanese) version of this to come out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, UTF-8 is only really supported in the text, not in the filename. I wonder how blogger will handle a second title like this..

jb

10:12 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Hmph.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home