Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What to Do with that Unexpected Windfall

Yesterday I did what has come to be my favorite run: starting at Anand's place in Noe Valley, passing through the Mission, up and around Bernal Hill, then zig-zagging back to Noe. On the return trip, I found a $10 bill lying at the side of the road. No one was around. I stuffed it into the tiny pocket of my running shorts.

I imagined buying a lottery ticket as my mother would surely suggest, but by the time I got back I'd forgotten about the cash altogether. It was only later in the evening, when I was eating dinner, that I remembered the money and fished it out of my shorts' pocket. It is now on the table beside me, again pondering that lottery ticket. Or just a $4.25 cup of coffee from the Clover machine at Ritual.

3 Comments:

Blogger jain said...

Hee hee. While it sounds like something you have to ponder and do something "special" with, why not just hang onto it and put it towards your next book purchase or, yes, that cup of coffee. Maybe I'm just too practical but buying a lottery ticket just seems like such a waste. That's just me and don't I sound like dad? :)

6:40 AM  
Blogger jakubowski said...

I found a Jackie Robinson Autograph in a used book last month: I put it up for auction, $450... nice find huh?

2:09 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I took the $ to Ritual, and the Clover was out of service! I had an excellent cappuccino as consolation.

A real Jackie Robinson autograph?? Now that is some good luck.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home