Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Ending

A few months ago, I picked up a copy of Eat Pray Love for my mother, never considering that I might want to read it myself. I was finally able to give book to her in person when I visited my family in Fredonia recently. After receiving a near blow-by-blow account of the first two sections of the book, I began to reconsider. In case you aren't familiar with this publishing phenomenon, which is currently sitting at #12 and in its 125th week on the NY Times List of Best-selling Paperback Nonfiction, it is "A writer’s yearlong journey in search of self takes her to Italy, India and Indonesia."

I began reading EPL a few days before my departure, and when I headed to the airport early this morning, I still had 30 pages left to read. I wasn't keen to carry a book across country for a mere 30 pages, so I left it there. I figured I'd find a copy at the library, or at the very least read it standing up at my local used book store (which by the way, is fabulous). So imagine my surprise and delight when, on my second flight, I found that the window to my aisle was carrying just that very book. And she kindly loaned it to me long enough for me to finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home