Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Books

I took public transport today, the J Church to Civic Center and the San Francisco Public Library. Though it was completed a couple of years before I ever even lived in the city, this was my first time inside the Main Library. How is this possible? A bibliophile like me?! I usually love libraries, and this was no exception. It's open and airy with lots of natural light. Good places to sit. Even mid-day during the week it was doing a brisk business. The computer terminals were full, and a steady stream of people passed through the check out area.

The library, however, is not without its critics. Despite being more than twice the size of the building it replaced, the collection was actually reduced after the move. The amount of shelf space is limited due to the very large and airy atrium at the center of the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home