Friday, November 21, 2008

The View from Here

I'm getting settled into my new place in San Francisco. This afternoon I walked down to Ritual Coffee Roasters (with its Turkish flag-like logo) on Valencia and drank wonderful, wonderful coffee with vegan pear bread. I was just about the only person in the cafe without a laptop. Then I continued on Valencia to 16th Street. Browsed in a few shops. Found (but did not purchase) a silly Nepali hat like the one I wore last winter for only $9. Bought a new phone (!) and month-to-month plan. Walked a few miles, up and down hills, the Bay coming into view every now and then. It was a lovely, sunny day.

It's dark now, and the commuter traffic on the Westbound Bay Bridge is like a string of faery lights across the Bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home