Friday, February 12, 2010

I won! I won!

As you might learn from a gander at the Comments on my last post, I WON A SONY POCKET READER. And all I had to do to get it was post a favorite literary quote to the comments at Fussy. I chose the opening lines to Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow:
A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
Apart from the fact that I never win anything, I'm very excited because I had been fantasizing about various e-readers, but the actual purchase of such a device seemed a long way off. I read quite a bit, mostly courtesy of the SF Public Library, and I occasionally travel for extended periods of time. The prospect of being able to tote around hundreds of titles, therefore, is very appealing.

I hope mine is navy blue.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger evr said...

I saw that comment and thought it was spam. Funny and congrats.

If only they had something like that for music.......

8:54 AM  
Blogger elderyogini said...

Well, congratulations...now I see how you won that little lovely pink thingie. It was after all a fabulous quotation and you deserved to be the proud owner of a new ereader.

Please ignore earlier comment.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

I'm afraid I already responded to your earlier comment...
And though I too like the quote, the winner was chosen at random.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home