Friday, October 09, 2009

The Cathedral of Books

When I arrived at the Mission branch of the San Francisco Public Library this afternoon, I was surprised to find myself just one of more than twenty people awaiting the 1pm opening. Once inside, I applied for a card.

The friendly woman who granted me my first SFPL card asked if this was my first visit. It was. The children's books are on
the ground floor, the adults' upstairs, she informed me. Then she recommend that I check out the upstairs. "I call it the Cathedral of Books." It does have some nice architectural features.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lore said...

Nice! You either look like a kid or like a mom...Which one do you prefer, LOL!

Pretty building..

:-)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Perhaps she could tell that I am a Lemony Snicket fan :)

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home